About Klubi Cycling Tartu
Klubi Cycling Tartu was founded 2017 as an amateur team to give the U23 level riders (19-22 y.o.) an opportunity to continue to prove themselves as there were no pro teams and opportunities in our region.
First two years were crucial as we had to prove ourselves as a high level team from the beginning by producing results and developing riders for TOP teams... which we did. The first step done, we took bigger goals.
During the 4 years of history in the Team Ampler-Tartu2024 (former Cycling Tartu & Ampler Development Team ) we have had over 100 victories, we have produced 6 riders who have made a step to a higher level team.
We see this as a great result of team's determined work. Our goal is to grow bigger and run a
team capable to win international races.
Rene, the former successful professional cyclist, is the engine behind the project.
With his knowledge and enthusiasm all of this got started.
Rene's main task is to keep the team on the road and managed the proper way.
Jaan is the Estonian cycling legend, he has won 4 stages in the Tour de France, ridden in the yellow jersey for 7 days and has over 120 pro wins.
He is now devoting his time to develope the future of cycling.
1. Co-operation - the cycling project for Baltic and Finnish cycling communities at the moment.
2. Education - educating our youth on how great is life by having an active lifestyle.
3. Clean sport - only way to win is trough hard work and dignity.
4. Gender equality - equal chances for both, girls and boys.
5. Green movement - we are rooting for more people to ride bicycles, it's fun and healthy.
6. We care about each other - we share the road, safety comes first.